Get ready to transform your dog’s life – and quite possibly your own – with the power of nutrigenomics in this ground-breaking new book.
Nutrigenomics (a combination of nutrition and genome) might sound like a funny word, but this emerging science has huge implications for your dog’s health.
We now know that while we can’t change the genes we are born with, we can change how those genes behave.
Nutrigenomics is the study of how the foods we eat literally communicate with our genes and cause them to turn “on” (activate) or turn “off” (suppress). This process, known as gene expression, plays a huge role in determining whether you – or your dog – will live a life of vibrant health, or one plagued by illness.
You can’t change your genes, but you can change how your genes behave!
Did You Know?
- Researchers estimate that only 5 to 10% of all cancer cases originate from genetic predisposition, while 90 to 95% are the result of lifestyle and environmental factors.
- Certain foods can “starve” tumor cells of nutrients they need to grow and turn dangerous.
- Fluoride levels found in many popular dry dog food may promote bone cancer in dogs and are higher than levels linked to bone cancer in young boys.
- Omega-3 fatty acids from fish improve signs in dogs with osteoarthritis as well as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
- Phycocyanin (C-PC), a compound found in spirulina, possesses strong antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-arthritic, anti-cancer and liver-protective properties.
- Scottish terriers who consumed vegetables at least three times per week had a 70% overall reduction in the risk of developing transitional cell carcinoma (TCC), or bladder cancer, a condition prevalent in the breed. For individual vegetable types, the risk of developing TCC was reduced 90% with consumption of any green leafy vegetables and 70% with any yellow-orange vegetables.
Inside Canine Nutrigenomics, you’ll discover:
- How foods “speak” to your dog’s genes through the epigenome, creating health or disease, and how you can change those messages by the foods you feed.
- The low-down on the amazing healing power of functional foods, what they are and how you can use them to nourish your dog at the cellular level.
- Savvy tips to outsmart the pet food companies and what you need to know to purchase the healthiest commercial foods for your dog.
- The “Three Keys” to easily creating a foundation diet for your dog based on the principles of nutrigenomics, no matter what his age, lifestyle or current health issues.
- How to use functional ingredients to treat, manage and even reverse a wide variety of chronic canine health conditions, including obesity, arthritis, cancer, chronic kidney disease, gastrointestinal disease, liver disease, thyroid disease and many more.
- The 10 “canine functional superfoods” and how they can supercharge your dog’s health by optimizing his gene expression.
- The signs of a food intolerance/sensitivity and how to stop it in its tracks.
- Smart tips to apply the principles of nutrigenomics to suit your individual situation, regardless of whether you choose to feed your dog kibble, canned, dehydrated, freeze-dried, raw, home-cooked or a combination.
- The small changes that can “kick up” your dog’s commercial diet and make it more in line with the principles of nutrigenomics.
- The “must-have” foods for your canine-friendly kitchen, so you can always be ready in a flash to prepare nutrigenomics-friendly meals and snacks.
Heal Your Dog Using the Power of Nutrigenomics.
You can help him:
- Build a stronger immune system.
- Recover and renew from chronic health issues.
- Remain mentally clear for life.
- Enjoy a long, healthy, vibrant life free of chronic disease.
Take charge of your dog’s wellbeing.
Take charge of your canine’s diet, and you both will reap the rewards for many happy, tail-wagging, slobbery-kisses years to come!